Saturday, January 5, 2013

Todd and the Book of Pure Evil


So, I was cruising Netflix looking for a TV Show to watch since I don't have real television. And I came across the show Todd and the Book of Pure EvilTodd and the Book of Pure Evil is a Canadian comedy/horror television series that follows a group of high school students who confront the effects of a demonic book that started in 2010. The show was created for television by Craig David Wallace, Charles Picco, and Anthony Leo.


Also, I saw that one for the characters was played by Jason Mewes. If you are unaware, Jason Mewes is a New Jersey born (respect) actor know for his role "Jay" in several of Kevin Smith's films. Which are ALWAYS entertaining no matter how many times you have watched them.


After all the research on the series, I thought I give it a whirl. And I have to say, I LOVED IT! It has the right amount of cheesy gore, teenage angst, and perverted humor. Todd and the Book of Pure Evil is like Army of Darkness and Metalocalypse put together! Unfortunately though, there were only two seasons with no renewal of a third. Leaving the show unfinished and relinquishing you with a few questions upon the ending of season 2.


Even with the series being short lived, I still suggest you watch it for some bloody and hilarious enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment