Saturday, December 29, 2012

Carrie 2013 Movie Remake




As you probably already know, Carrie is Steven King Novel that was published in 1974. Two years after the publication, a movie was released based on the story. It seems now in this coming March, a remake of this film will be making an appearance in theaters. When hearing this, I asked the same question that King asked himself: "The real question is why, when the original was so good?"


King actually suggested that Lindsay Lohan play the main role, but the actress ChloĆ« Grace Moretz was eventually casted for the part. Which in my opinion, is a much better pick then Lindsay Lohan. I have enjoyed her in movies such as: The Amityville Horror (Remake), Kick-Ass, and Let Me In. However, ChloĆ« does has big shoes to fill, following the great performance of Sissy Spacek in the original movie.


And, of course, what is the story of Carrie without Carrie's deeply religious and conservative mother, Margaret White. In the earlier version, this role was portrayed by Piper Laurie, but in the 2013 this character is played by Julianne Moore. Which will be very interesting to say the least.


Even though I always get a little stomach ache when I hear that a remake of a film I fancy will be coming out, I still bring myself to watch it. And to be completely honest, some movies are great for their time, and it always entertaining to see a modern adaption. 

No comments:

Post a Comment